When you request our services we will collect some personal information about you, including; your name, role, business address, contact telephone numbers, your business e-mail address and specifics about the support you require which may include personal and sensitive data about your employees. You will have gained consent from your employees in order to share their personal and sensitive data with us. We require this information for a number of different reasons including, communicating with you as we provide our service to you, communication on your behalf with third parties, reporting and research purposes and to deliver the service you require. We have created this Privacy Statement under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. The statement is for your information and it covers how we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store personal data.
1. Introduction and General Terms
We are committed to protecting your personal information when you are using our services. We want our services to be safe, transparent and reliable. This Privacy Statement relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you.
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of our services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy Statement explains the following:
- What information we may collect about you
- How we will use information we collect about you
- When we may use your details to contact you
- Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else
- Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. No system of data storage can be completely secure; if you have any concerns or complaints that your personal data held by us could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your personal details held by us, please get in touch straight away. Our contact details are at section 14 of this statement.2
2. What information will Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. collect about me?
When you get in touch with us either via our website, e-mail or telephone we will collect some personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, role, email address, business address, telephone or mobile number.
3. How will Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. use the information it collects about me?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Ensuring that we have accurate information so that we may communicate with you and keep you updated of developments as we provide our service to you.
- Ensuring that we have consent and that we hold accurate information so that we may contact you at a future date for the purposes of quality control, billing, keeping you up to date or managing any other business related issues.
- Ensuring that we have accurate information for internal reporting, for example, reporting to our Directors or other interested stakeholders.
4. When will Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. contact me?
We may contact you:
- In relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any other parties involved in the service provision we provide for you
- In relation to any financial questions or issues such as in relation to billing or work activity.
- To invite you to participate in surveys or provide recommendations about our service
- For reporting and research purposes
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only send you marketing emails or contact you where you have agreed to this by giving us your consent for example to update you on current changes to legislation and provide information on what services we can offer you.
From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views about the service we provided to you. We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us.
If you want to stop all personalised messages from us. you can contact us at any time and instruct us to stop. We will, of course, stop.
6. Will Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. share my personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within our business except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or where you have consented to us sharing your information with other parties involved in the service we provide to you, including, for example: H&S advisers or other individuals, bodies or organisations where there is a specific reason to do so.
Generally, we will use your information within our business and will only share it outside where you have requested it , or given your consent. We require all third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and we require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes and only use your information for reasons associated with the services we provide for you.
7. How long will Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. keep my information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the purpose of the supply of services and for any legal requirements, the data we hold may have a material impact on future cases, so it is not always possible to put a time limit on data held. It is anticipated that we will hold your personal information for a period of 7 years (from the last contact made with you) to cover any civil claims that might be made; However, if you require an extension to this retention period please let us know.
8. Can I delete my data?
You can always ask for your information to be deleted by us. However, please bear in mind that we may be required to hold your information for a minimum period of 7 years for possible legal reasons.
Deleting the information we hold about you will erase any personal information we have about you or any cases we have dealt with on your behalf and it will mean we won’t be able to provide any of the data in future if it is required for other purposes.
9. Can I find out what personal information Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. holds about me?
We will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Utility bill (from last 3 months)
- Current vehicle registration document
- Bank statement (from last 3 months)
10. Web browser cookies
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a “device”) web browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser’s preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked.
Our website uses Google Analytics cookies to help us monitor and improve our website. No personally identifiable information is obtained or stored.
Your web browser may also provide the information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using.
We do not specifically collect information such as your IP address or the browser you are using, although Google Analytics collects this information anonymously to provide us with details website statistics and performance data.
11. Changes to Maghera Granite Developments Ltd. Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us. If you do not agree to any changes, please do not continue to use our website or submit personal information to us. You can also ask for your businesses personal or sensitive data to be deleted by us at any time – (Subject to any legal reasons we may have to keep some of the data we hold about you). If material changes are made to the Privacy Statement, for instance affecting how we would like to use your personal information, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy Statement changes).
12. Sharing of your data with others
As part of the service that we provide it may be necessary to share information we hold about you we third parties, see section 6. Before we share any information we hold about you with any third party we will gain consent from you. If you do not want us to share your personal information with any third party please let us know immediately.
You also have the right to ask us to share your personal data with anyone you wish. To exercise this right to data portability please write to us, giving full details, using the details provided at section 14 of this statement.
13. Data storage
The data that we collect from you will be stored within the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and will not be transferred outside the EEA unless we have your explicit consent to such transfer and storage. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy statement.
14. Contacting us about this Privacy Statement
Maghera Granite & Fireplaces
20 Falgortrevy Road